Monday 21 July 2014

June/July Favourite

Hi Everyone!

Now, I realise that I am a bit late in order to be blogging my 'June Favourites' and too early to be blogging my 'July Favourites' however, recently I have brought a lot of new products and wish to share them all with you with my reviews of each one. I realise that I could possibly call this a haul, however these are only a few of my new products and are selected as my favourites, so; here we go!


1. Mac Blush in colour 'Fleur Power'
2. Sleek Eyeshadow Palette in 'Au Naturel' 
3. Bourjois Bronzing Powder
4. Soap and Glory 'Scrub Your Nose In It' facial scrub
5. Soap and Glory 'Supercat' Liquid eye liner pen

Numero Uno:

This buy was quite a long time ago, but was using my other blushes before heading onto this one. Believe it or not, this was my first and ever MAC purchase as the products are a little out of my price range. However, I brought it with some leftover birthday money back in February. Yes, back in FEBRUARY. This makes me really angry at myself because the minute I used it, I fell in love. It's a really pigmented blush as its a very corally pink colour therefore a tiny bit goes a long way and is perfect for a summery shade. Intentionally, I was looking for more of a subtle shade when I went into MAC however couldn't find anything I liked, but the man behind the counter (who was wearing more make up than myself, so I knew I could trust him) kindly convinced me that this colour would be perfect for me. Which, I believe is true. Therefore, this buy has persuaded me perhaps to save more money and try other MAC products and venture out of my comfort zone. 


Numero Dos: 
Sorry for the poor quality photo, my camera decided to act all weird. But, this has to be my favourite purchase out of them all. For ages, I was contemplating whether spending £37 pounds on an Urban Decay Naked 3 palette was worth the money, and all that time I tried to convince myself that it was okay, the reviews have been amazing, i'll get my money's worth. However, this palette has all the same sort of natural colours as the Urban Decay palette for less that a third of the price! I paid £10 for this on Amazon and I am having so much fun testing out all the different colour combinations. They are so pigmented as well so they stay on for ages and are really noticeable! Easily recommendable. 

Numero Tres:

 Now, I was expecting huge things from this bronzer as I have heard such amazing reviews. I was not disappointed. For ages I have been using the Body Shop Bronzer: 'Trio Shade: Warm Sunset' and hated it because it was far too shimmery. This bronzer however, even though 'filled with glints of sunshine' is so much easier to use because it goes on more matte than previous bronzers. Also, its perfect for my skin tone so i use it all around the edges of my face and under my cheek bones for a flawless finish. Also to mention, as everyone does when reviewing this product... IT SMELLS AMAZING! by the way, please resist the temptation to eat it, I don't know about you, but I get such chocolate cravings when I see this. 


Numero.... Four: 
BREATHE LAUREN BREATHE! I get so so so excited when I mention this product to anyone because it really is a life saver. I struggle day to day with extremely oily skin especially on my T-Zone. So I have been in search of a cleanser or a moisturiser that will reduce the size of my pores and help clean up my oily skin. THE SEARCH IS OVER LADIES AND GENTS, because VWA-LAH. A small amount of this over damp skin and massaged in for 2 minutes and afterwards it feels as if you have just had a facial. Not only does it feel good, pores literally are vanished after using it. The blackheads on my nose are visibly clearer and my skin is far less oily. I usually do this after a shower and then apply my normal facial moisturiser. 


FINALLY.. Numero Five:
Lets all just sit and reflect for a minute.. remember that time you spent nearly an hour just purely on mastering your winged eyeliner for a night out? Or the time you wiped off your entire eye make up because your liquid eyeliner just went everywhere? 
*POP*
Thought bubble gone, because the answer is here! This is honestly the easiest and best liquid eyeliner pen I have come across so far. First of all, just look at the packaging! But honestly, it's super black therefore makes eyes look dramatic and the nib is both thick and thin for all the styles from think cat eyes to thin day to day looks. For all you long wearers out there as well, it lasts a long time and also doesn't smudge on to your upper eyelids either. Perfect for ALL occasions. 

So there we have it, for now. Just some of the recent beauty products I have been lovely this summer. You can purchases these items in high street or drugstores, apart from the Mac Blush in which I purchases in Debenhams. Any one else used these and found them as good as I have?
Also, any recommendations for future purchases?

Have a lovely day, until next time
Lauren!

x

2 comments:

  1. I really want to get Mac Fleur Power blush, looks super pretty!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a lovely colour for summer!
      😊

      Delete