Tuesday 22 July 2014

Top 5 Tuesday | Hair Care

Hey Everyone!

Hair care is always essential with me, due to the fact that I have relatively long but very very thick hair. This means that it can knot really easily and struggles to keep styles. Naturally, my hair is wavy therefore i don't very often have to curl my hair, which is a god send because it would take me hours. However, I quite often straighten it. Therefore I need to protect and keep my hair healthy. So here is my current ( and I say current because they are very likely to change) favourite hair care products!

1. Herbal Essences - Limited Edition 'Dazzling Shine' Shampoo and Conditioner

- This shampoo and conditioner set is so amazing and SO AFFORDABLE, don't be put off by the fact that there is a celebrity endorsement crowding the whole packaging this stuff smells amazing and works incredibly. It has made my hair much healthier than normal and my split ends seemed to have cleared up! I also go to this brand when in need of a quick cheap buy because I know how good it is and don't feel guilty purchasing it. 

2. Charles Worthington- Front-Row - 'rough and tousled salt spray'
Now it is summer time, I am really enjoying wearing my hair in a beach wave style with loose curls (natural). This product enhances the look of beach waves with also giving it loads of volume! You simply spray on the ends or on your curls and scrunch your hair up. The product is also non-visible in your hair once applied. It does have a slight smell to it, that i'm not sure I like, however isn't noticeable. So all in all it's a nice easy product to use for simple wavy styles 

3.Aussie - Miracle Recharge Lightweight conditioning spray
At first, I wasn't at all happy with this product, I thought it made my hair greasy and didn't do anything to the shine. However, I found it again a few weeks ago and decided to give it another try. This time round I absolutely loved it. It's a leave in conditioner so perfect for on the go and it really does create a really healthy shine for you hair. It's amazing in this weather as the sun can be really damaging to your hair, but leaving this conditioner in just helps keep your hair vibrant and hydrated. You can apply it to wet or dry hair however I prefer putting it in wet hair as sometimes when applied to dry hair it doesn't apply evenly and you do end up with greasy looking patches. It also, like before, has a smell that I don't find pleasant, but disappears after a while. 

4. TREsemme - Salon touchable feel Ultimate Hold Hairspray
It keeps your hair in place, and like I said before, I have such thick hair that just doesn't keep styles, so this is like my GO-TO product when i'm having a bad hair day!

FINALLY - 5. Lee Stafford - Argan Oil Miracle Heat Defence Spray
It is sooooooo important to protect your hair from heated appliances such as hair straightners, and this product seems to always make in into my basket when im in the drugstore. Firstly, Lee Staffords range is really quirky and it smells amazing, and with the added argan oil it really does wonders for you hair. Secondly, it is really affordable and almost always on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots! 

Like I said, my hair care products quite often change so I will review and new products I find and fall in love with.

What are your favourite hair care products?
Until next time,
Lauren x


2 comments:

  1. I love anything with Argon Oil in it, makes my hair feel amazing x
    Emma | Everything Beauty

    ReplyDelete